The Government of KP through KP health department and KP Heath Foundation has taken the initiative of Health System Strengthening (HSS) by engaging private sector organization on public private partnership basis in NMDs. In this regard, five hospitals in District Orakzai, Kurram, Mohmand and South Waziristan has been outsourced to MERF with responsibility of operationalization, management and provision of secondary health services to the general public. The hospitals include:
1. DHQ Mishti Mela, Orakzai – Awarded in 2017
2. Cat. D Hospital, Ghiljo, Orakzai – Awarded in 2020
3. Cat D Hospital, Dogar, Kurram– Awarded in 2020
4. Cat D Hospital, Momad Gat, Mohmand – Awarded in 2020
5. Cat D Hospital, Mola Khan Sarai, South Waziristan – Awarded in 2020
MERF has made all the hospitals fully functional and providing free of cost services including general and specialized OPD services, IPD services (Surgical, Medical, Pediatrics, Gynecology & Eye), A&E Services, OT services, Labor rooms, Diagnostic services, pharmacy and EPI services.