Position: Monitoring and Evolution (MEAL) Officer
Last Date: 7th Jan, 2022
No of Positions: 01
The MEAL Officer is expected to have a sound understanding of health M&E system and use critical thinking skills to identify and fill gaps in MERF existing M & E system. The MEAL Officer will build the capacity of MEAL staff and program teams to strengthen respective MEAL mechanisms and contribute effectively to MERF overall Program quality.
Essential responsibilities for the position are:
Qualification and Experience
- Act as the focal point for all tasks related to M&E and information mangement System at Country level
- Contribute to development and maintaince of database when and where required
- Ensure timely submission of weekly/monthly/quarter DHIS and other data related reports from field/HFs/districts to the provincial and country offices
- Oversee the data clilection practices at each project site and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations.
- To analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data to address issues in the field
- Update key performance indicator database on monthly basis and share with country M&E Manager for analyses, feedback and further sharing with concern stakehliders.
- Conduct frequent field visits, document finding and submit report to the line manager.
- Provide technical support to the district MEAL staff including DHIS and NIS staff and ensure that they receive adequate training, mentoring and coaching.
- Technically review program/project data quality, project MEAL reports and ensure periodic data validation.
- Liaise with MEAL team to clilect data needed for DHIS, KPI and output trackers.
- With the support of MEAL Manager, MEAL team and technical leads, the M&E officer will implement beneficiary complaint and response mechanism at each project site.
- Undertake any other task assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in the field of IT, Statistics or social sciences
- Previous experience in monitoring and evaluation will be an asset
- Previous experience in designing and implementing survey
- Willingness to travel extensively
- At least three year working experience in health and nutrition is required
- Ability to work with a team